3rd Gen Toyota Tundra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for running boards or side steps or nerf bars that go wheel to wheel on a crewmax cab with the 6.5 foot long bed - to be able to step up into the front of the bed. I would prefer straight boards that are just consistent the whole length, as three step nerf bars aren’t symmetrical, but steps in all three spots is the most important part.

any thoughts or advice is appreciated
thanks

· Registered
190 Posts
Hey @2005to2023 welcome to the forum! How long have you had your Tundra so far and what do you think of it?

Maybe one of these running boards might be what you're looking for:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @2005to2023 welcome to the forum! How long have you had your Tundra so far and what do you think of it?

Maybe one of these running boards might be what you're looking for:

I've been on your site before. Part of why I was on this message board is because all of the sites I have been on - including yours - are unclear about whether it would be 'wheel-to-wheel' or not. Which models would allow three steps - front, rear and bed?

· Registered
13 Posts
It appears that your main concern with adding steps/running boards is wheel to wheel coverage with steps hanging down. I would ask the question is this a street truck and clearance is not an issue? OR, Does this truck see some off road use and having steps hanging down that will catch on obstacles and get you stuck is not a good option?
You may want to shop for rock sliders that do not have steps if off road is part of how the truck will be used. Rock sliders are very strong and have no flex when you stand on them. Another option is electric retractable lowering steps. AMP research makes single and duel motor steps that lower 6 and 8 inch then tuck up out of the way when you close your door. I do not know if AMP has an option for the gen 3 Tundra yet.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is for a more-or-less street truck, just to give some help to get into the cab, with the added benefit of being to access the front of the bed, or more specifically, the front middle of the bed, which is difficult to reach from the ground for most people.

I've seen the one-off side steps before, and that would work, but it would look better to have a running board that just goes the whole length. I even saw wheel-to-wheel nerf bars, but since the step is lower than the bar on those, it doesn't look as good with the way the drop down steps are spaced out. I know it is subjective, but I think the straight bar / board has a cleaner look.

I have seen some wheel-to-wheel running boards, just none that say they are compatible with 22/23 Crewax / Long Bed. Google wasn't helping anymore, so I figured I would see if someone else had found something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts