3rd Gen Toyota Tundra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
I am still under 1000 miles (recommended break-in/baby it time frame), live on a very steep hill and only drive like 10 miles a day max, and all city. With all that info I have yet to break 14mpg on the lifetime average indicator. This is with driving like a granny more often than not so I am not thrilled yet but I hope after the break in it gets better. I have a trip this weekend that should put a couple hundred miles on it at most so that should give me a better sample.

· Registered
18 Posts
I am still under 1000 miles (recommended break-in/baby it time frame), live on a very steep hill and only drive like 10 miles a day max, and all city. With all that info I have yet to break 14mpg on the lifetime average indicator. This is with driving like a granny more often than not so I am not thrilled yet but I hope after the break in it gets better. I have a trip this weekend that should put a couple hundred miles on it at most so that should give me a better sample.
After breaking the 5k mile mark this week I thought I would update the thread in case anyone was curious. The details of my habitat: I live in Oregon so lots of hills/mountains and curvy roads, I only put ethanol free gas in 🤑, drive in regular or eco mode 75% of the time (I find sport works best in hill climbs when overtaking people in the limited passing lanes out here), my daily commute is only 4-5 miles each way and includes pulling onto a 55mph busy highway, driving up/down a VERY steep hill and some downtown driving, currently have no canopy but the bed is empty almost always, 4x4 crewmax with 6.5ft bed. With that in mind I rarely get above 12-14mpg with typical daily commute, a couple errands a week, and maybe some play time here and there. With the trips I have taken with a mix of flat/hills/mountain passes I get close to 20mpg on the highway. If I am towing my 30ft 7700lbs travel trailer the MPG is cut in half but the truck has no issues keeping up with the flow of traffic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts