3rd Gen Toyota Tundra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just put my deposit on my 2023.Limited 4x4 Tundra crew cab. Mesquite/Black softex
Should be here by the end of Jan. Mainly purchased for western hunts.
Looking for reccomendation on toppers, baskets, winches and bumpers.also looking at wheels and tires, hi jack, shovel and tire chains.
Any other must have add ons/ purchases? Best brands on any of the above would be helpful.
Thanks!
Ed

· Registered
13 Posts
Everyone has a different idea of what a build would consist of, what the priorities are, and what the out come is to be. To me ability comes before looks. Hopefully you got the rear locker. If not add the TRD package that includes the rear locking differential.

I have looked on the ARB site for their Air locker and they currently do not have anything for the 22+ Tundras. However, I could be wrong but I think the rear differential has not changed from the gen 2 and that means they make a rear locker for the 22+. The ARB is a true locker at any speed and you get to also install an air compressor for all kinds of use. ARB will eventually make all kinds of stuff for the 22+.

Another company that makes some quality stuff is Victory Off Road and they make some stuff for the 22+ Tundra.
Another thing that many people do not understand is that a Hi-Lift jack is almost useless on modern vehicles unless you install off-road metal bumpers/winch bumper and rock sliders so you have a point to actually jack from. Modern trucks have plastic bumpers or metal that you will damage attempting to jack from.
I personally do not hanging all of my equipment on the outside of my vehicle for all to see. Ya it looks cool but there are many people that will see all of this expensive equipment and plan to steel it. A camper shell and MOLLIE racks or the Decked drawer system keeps things out of site. Roto Pax has fuel and water jugs with great mounting systems and they mount to the MOLLIE racks.
Just some things to think about.

· Registered
1 Posts
That's an awesome way to start off the year! and what nice color, besides that one, for me maybe I'd consider magnetic gray too specially because I'd definitely go with the grille upgrade. Which makes me wonder why would Toyota do this, I've seen many people saving thousands of dollars by just upgrading to the tdr pro grille, of course you're missing the marker lights and the light bar but it not that big of a difference specially compared with the savings. And many would argue that you can add them anyways at a cheaper price. I'm not complaining don't take me wrong, I'm just surprised about the reasoning of the company behind this, if anything it's a good thing out there for us (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts