Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
What are the specs on your wheel setup and what other mods did you do?
Thanks for the welcome!
The wheels are Method Standard 17x8.5 0 offset. They were sent to OMF and converted to beadlocks, so they’re -5 offset now.
The tires are 37x12.5 Toyo (RT in that pic, but MT now. The MT suit us much better)
The list of other mods is several pages long, haha. We’ve documented the build for the past six years or so on other Tundra forums and Instagram (__ kevink __ on IG [two underscores before and after. The code keeps picking it up as the bold command]).

Our goal with the build was three main things, in order of importance and execution:

1. Be comfortable wherever we end up
(RTT, onboard hot water, fridge, awning, coffee maker, table and chairs, bed slide, all that comfort stuff)
2. Get to remote locations. We wanted to be able to camp in places most folks either wouldn’t or couldn’t get to
(37” tires, more robust suspension, invisible snorkel, centralized tire inflation, ham radio, etc)
3. Go fast! Lastly, we wanted to be able to cover ground quickly to get between destinations fast. Our style of camping is now commonly called overlanding - we never stay in the same spot more than one night.
(Significant suspension improvements, body modifications for clearance, fiberglass fenders, beadlocks, )

Tire Dog Plant Wheel Car

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tread Automotive exhaust

Great looking Tundra @KevinK! Welcome! Would you be looking to do a similar build with the new truck? or do you have something else in mind?
That’s the exact question we keep asking ourselves!:ROFLMAO:

Our Tundra is my wife’s and it’s her daily driver. So we keep sort of questioning what we would do with the 2022 - build it for just all out speed off road? Use it as a tow pig for her Tundra? Build another all-around off road overlander?

I know one thing for sure, 37s! :LOL:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!
The wheels are Method Standard 17x8.5 0 offset. They were sent to OMF and converted to beadlocks, so they’re -5 offset now.
The tires are 37x12.5 Toyo (RT in that pic, but MT now. The MT suit us much better)
The list of other mods is several pages long, haha. We’ve documented the build for the past six years or so on other Tundra forums and Instagram (__ kevink __ on IG [two underscores before and after. The code keeps picking it up as the bold command]).

Our goal with the build was three main things, in order of importance and execution:

1. Be comfortable wherever we end up
(RTT, onboard hot water, fridge, awning, coffee maker, table and chairs, bed slide, all that comfort stuff)
2. Get to remote locations. We wanted to be able to camp in places most folks either wouldn’t or couldn’t get to
(37” tires, more robust suspension, invisible snorkel, centralized tire inflation, ham radio, etc)
3. Go fast! Lastly, we wanted to be able to cover ground quickly to get between destinations fast. Our style of camping is now commonly called overlanding - we never stay in the same spot more than one night.
(Significant suspension improvements, body modifications for clearance, fiberglass fenders, beadlocks, )

View attachment 222

View attachment 223

That’s the exact question we keep asking ourselves!:ROFLMAO:

Our Tundra is my wife’s and it’s her daily driver. So we keep sort of questioning what we would do with the 2022 - build it for just all out speed off road? Use it as a tow pig for her Tundra? Build another all-around off road overlander?

I know one thing for sure, 37s! :LOL:
37s is never a bad answer! :LOL:I love that you and your wife seem to have a lot of fun with your trucks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I have a '21 Sierra at4 that I'll he trading in for a platinum in blueprint. I'll be putting the fuel wheels on the tundra when I get it. I put an order in on Dec 3 here in Canada on the first day that I could for the tundra. The dealership was great to deal with, charged MSRP no markup and were very fair with my trade in value on the at4. With any luck I'll have the Tundra in January -early Feb. But who knows at this point

1 - 8 of 8 Posts