I own a 2022 Toyota Tundra SR5 with 8-in Audio Multimedia, with wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto capability.
The nav/multimedia unit is terrible. I had a 2018 Tacoma, and four years later, I found that the infotainment system had taken several steps backward.
- Voice commands always say, “I don’t understand your request.”
- Playing music via the in-dash USB port is terribly complicated and limited
- There is no home screen where I can choose the info displayed.
I am looking for an aftermarket replacement that supports all the OEM capabilities, like cameras, backup lines, system config, etc., while providing a richer user interface and better features, like
- An actual home screen where I can choose the display from multiple sources of info, like weather, time, nav, audio, etc.
- Voice commands that actually work
- To access music sources other than XM radio, like the in-dash data USB port, by voice command.
- Use Google Maps or Waze without Android Auto
- And so on
It’s been a while; somebody must’ve found something by now.
If not, how do I use the existing system in a way that doesn’t suck??