3rd Gen Toyota Tundra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently bought a 2022 tundra and I love it. Bought the double cab 8.1’ bed. It’s used for work.

I have a question for those that happen to own a 2022 tundra. A buddy of mine had to take his back to dealer today. It went into limp mode. After some research there has been a issue after the first 1000 miles. Apparently there was a bad batch of wastegate actuator. Since there is a supply issue they are not quick to fix. I know Toyota is doing what they can to fix the issue. Has anyone been affected by this? I just hit 1000 miles on mine. Really hope it doesn’t happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @BrandonKG! Congratulations on the new Tundra! That's the first I'm hearing of that being an issue. Hopefully it's not a widespread thing. Were you looking at any other trucks before going with the Tundra?
Oh I hope not either. Nothing is ever perfect and mistakes do happen. I was not looking at anything else but tundra. I had a 07 tundra with over 300k miles. Still ran good. I would drive cross country with it and not worry. I use my truck for work. When I first heard of the new design. I looked it up and followed all the news. When I heard my local Toyota dealer had a 2022 tundra with longbed. I wasted no time.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh I hope not either. Nothing is ever perfect and mistakes do happen. I was not looking at anything else but tundra. I had a 07 tundra with over 300k miles. Still ran good. I would drive cross country with it and not worry. I use my truck for work. When I first heard of the new design. I looked it up and followed all the news. When I heard my local Toyota dealer had a 2022 tundra with longbed. I wasted no time. View attachment 309
That's great you were able to snag one so quickly! How are you enjoying the new truck so far? No issue so far?

·
Registered
2014 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4
1 Posts
Oh I hope not either. Nothing is ever perfect and mistakes do happen. I was not looking at anything else but tundra. I had a 07 tundra with over 300k miles. Still ran good. I would drive cross country with it and not worry. I use my truck for work. When I first heard of the new design. I looked it up and followed all the news. When I heard my local Toyota dealer had a 2022 tundra with longbed. I wasted no time. View attachment 309
Looks great! Any more shots of it? These are rare it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts