3rd Gen Toyota Tundra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently bought a 2022 tundra and I love it. Bought the double cab 8.1’ bed. It’s used for work.

I have a question for those that happen to own a 2022 tundra. A buddy of mine had to take his back to dealer today. It went into limp mode. After some research there has been a issue after the first 1000 miles. Apparently there was a bad batch of wastegate actuator. Since there is a supply issue they are not quick to fix. I know Toyota is doing what they can to fix the issue. Has anyone been affected by this? I just hit 1000 miles on mine. Really hope it doesn’t happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @BrandonKG! Congratulations on the new Tundra! That's the first I'm hearing of that being an issue. Hopefully it's not a widespread thing. Were you looking at any other trucks before going with the Tundra?
Oh I hope not either. Nothing is ever perfect and mistakes do happen. I was not looking at anything else but tundra. I had a 07 tundra with over 300k miles. Still ran good. I would drive cross country with it and not worry. I use my truck for work. When I first heard of the new design. I looked it up and followed all the news. When I heard my local Toyota dealer had a 2022 tundra with longbed. I wasted no time.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh I hope not either. Nothing is ever perfect and mistakes do happen. I was not looking at anything else but tundra. I had a 07 tundra with over 300k miles. Still ran good. I would drive cross country with it and not worry. I use my truck for work. When I first heard of the new design. I looked it up and followed all the news. When I heard my local Toyota dealer had a 2022 tundra with longbed. I wasted no time. View attachment 309
That's great you were able to snag one so quickly! How are you enjoying the new truck so far? No issue so far?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great you were able to snag one so quickly! How are you enjoying the new truck so far? No issue so far?
It’s been great so far. No issues at all. Tows my trailer well. Gas mileage is 17-19 depend on how I drive. Towing MPG 13-15. Way better then last tundra. It was like 8-9 towing. 12-13 not towing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts