3rd Gen Toyota Tundra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Hood Window Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tim from Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk takes a look at issues people have been having with the Tundra's window seals with his own Tundra. Apparently some window seals aren't holding up well.

Has anyone been experiencing this issue with their Tundra?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just noticed this in my driver rear door. I notified the dealer, while there I asked about the waste gate issue they have 2 so far waiting on parts thankfully I don’t have that issue. As of today they are ordering a new seal looking at the passenger door it’s a design issue where it breaks it’s due to catching wind so this will continue to occur until the create a one piece or something similar to last years model…

·
Registered
4 Posts
Overall it’s nice the besides the seal issue. There are 2 items that are slightly annoying - infotainment software - once connected to your phone you can’t go back to the radio/Xm channels granted anything you saved as a favorite you can still scroll through those, and if you turn off your phones Wi-Fi to access all the channels it constantly pops up no profile found kinda annoying. And I don’t like the remote start system that will cut off when you open the door to get in. I heard somewhere they are working on a fix for the remote start issue can’t remember where though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just noticed this in my driver rear door. I notified the dealer, while there I asked about the waste gate issue they have 2 so far waiting on parts thankfully I don’t have that issue. As of today they are ordering a new seal looking at the passenger door it’s a design issue where it breaks it’s due to catching wind so this will continue to occur until the create a one piece or something similar to last years model…
Did you have any issues with getting the replacement?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They ordered but like everything who knows when it will show up and now I’m on my first road trip 4 hours away in a remote area my the passenger side lower mirror cover that houses the fucking camera fell off for no fucking reason. Damaged the door paint since it was dangling from the mirror camera cord called dealer same bs we will see if it’s warrantied these trucks are not put together right I would not recommend one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ihi have it on both back windows. I had one replaced. It took two weeks to get the “new seal. SAme short seal. They just put a little tab on it to hold it down bt the gap is still there. Because it was warranty sevice, they had to keep thetruck all day to pop in one small tab to hold down the pop up seal. Im waiting on the other, hoping for a recall or at least new seals the right lengrh after enough people complain. Go directly to the Toyota Facebook page. They respond there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just looked at a 1794 that was being delivered and the rear window seals have not been upgraded. The truck had just arrived at the dealer. I am on a list for a 1794 to replace my 2014 1794. The truck and interior look nice but the quality seems so so. Something’s are top notch, wood, infotainment center but the leather and seats look of better quality in my 2014

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just looked at a 1794 that was being delivered and the rear window seals have not been upgraded. The truck had just arrived at the dealer. I am on a list for a 1794 to replace my 2014 1794. The truck and interior look nice but the quality seems so so. Something’s are top notch, wood, infotainment center but the leather and seats look of better quality in my 2014
Welcome to the forum @Lou1947! Fingers crossed that the windows on your 1794 don't have this issue. Have you had your 2014 1794 since new?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ihi have it on both back windows. I had one replaced. It took two weeks to get the “new seal. SAme short seal. They just put a little tab on it to hold it down bt the gap is still there. Because it was warranty sevice, they had to keep thetruck all day to pop in one small tab to hold down the pop up seal. Im waiting on the other, hoping for a recall or at least new seals the right lengrh after enough people complain. Go directly to the Toyota Facebook page. They respond there.
So even after they replaced the seal the gap is still there? That's not right at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.